|Abilities||Splits into 3|
|First Appearance||Poached Eggs 1-10|
|Species||Mountain Bluebirds (Sialia Currucoides)|
|Locations||Various levels after Poached Eggs.|
Jay, Jake, and Jim, also collectively known as The Blues, are identical characters in the Angry Birds series of games created by Rovio Entertainment. They were introduced in 2009 as the second characters introduced and core members of the original flock. Ever since their first appearance in Poached Eggs, they've appeared in numerous installments of the series as main characters.
The Blues' Description in Angry Birds Birdsonality (modified):
Quick and inventive, Jay, Jake and Jim keep their friends amused with their latest mischief. They enjoy arguing and especially playing devil's advocates. Being such the creative types, they can have a hard time focusing on tasks - especially when they feel tedious or routine. But when they do focus, they're resourceful and inventive problem solvers.
Jim, Jake and Jay were born in a baby blue egg after the Battle of Pig City, with Red nearly sacrificing his own life in saving the triplets' lives. Shortly after this, the newborns went to the newly repaired slingshot and launched themselves to sea.
It can be assumed that after these events, they were raised by their parents, then they were trained by Red and grew up to be part of the core flock - then brought back to Piggy Island. It is unknown what happened to their parents, who appeared in the movie, but not in the game or any other instances. A theory states that they could have died.
The Blues are very mischevous birds, often getting into trouble for pranks at the other birds. They have a very close bond with each other, almost always being seen together.
Despite their childish nature, they can be very intelligent and cunning, and use this feature to get out of situations they find themselves in. They are extremely gifted in constructing contraptions, though this talent usually goes to fooling the pigs or the other members of the flock.
Sometimes they don't understand their boundaries and limits, or when to stop. This causes them to get into trouble, though they always manage to get out of the situations they find themselves in.
Though they can be very rude to their guardians and fellow flock members, they really do look up to the other birds. They see Matilda as a loving, gentle mother figure, Hal as a knowledgeable, kind role model, and Silver as a fellow young prankster.
- The Blues are the only characters to not have eyebrows, but there are rare situations like the cinematic trailer.
- A concept of the Blues was made in 2008, showing the ability for birds to split. They and Red are the only known birds who were developed at that time.
- The Blues' ability was never changed or even slightly modified in any slingshot-based Angry Birds game.
- They are the smallest characters in the game, though they are known to be larger than Bubbles in animations.
- Jay was named "Jon" in an Angry Birds Comics as a typo. This also happened with Bomb, who was incorrectly named Bob in the Space Comic.
- Jay is leader of his brothers.
- When playing games that use their chrome designs, the Blues will immediately turn into corpses once the player activates their ability regardless of whether or not they touch a surface.
- The Blues appear in this wiki's abandoned template.